Hope you had a great weekend? Mine was busy, had lectures on Saturday and Sunday 😦
Today is my bestie’s birthday!!!!
She’s the most amazing, caring and loveliest person I know.
Happy birthday Taiwo!!! On this special day, I everyone to know just how amazing you are!
I’ll share 6 reasons why she is amazing:
- Her love for God. I call her deaconess lol. Her love for God is genuine, she doesn’t hesitate to talk about Jesus .Taiwo is an evangelist, and she made it a point of duty to invite people to church when we were in Uni. It is no surprise that it was her who invited me to RCCG Loughborough, which made my Uni experience a blast. So many wonderful memories of church events- Alton Towers, Summer BBQ, House-fellowship Christmas Dinner, Youth Alive. Its so good to have a friend who prays for you and who is always there to remind you of God’s promises. I remember our prayer group and how God answered our prayers.
- She is very caring and selfless- She has been there for me through thick and thin. In final year, I failed my first semester exams and I felt so depressed and scared about my overall grade. I remember the day I got my result; I was in tears as I told her and she tried to comfort me and encourage me ( my final year result made up 70% of my degree). She did the most amazing thing! She gave me a surprise visit (she was on placement). She planned with my flat mate and made her way straight from work to Loughborough. She spent the whole weekend with me.
- She ‘concurs’- we are on the same wave length. We think alike!! Totally get each other lol.We see things from the same perspective. Sometimes we only need to communicate with our eyes. We can gist for hours and it would only seem like minutes. We would gist all the way from Loughborough to St Pancras on our way home from Uni.
- She is so down to earth- She does not front at all. One minute she’s speaking English, the next minute she switches to Yoruba, doesn’t matter when we are oh, on campus, in a shop, at the station, anywhere. Despite the fact that she has spent most of her life in England.
- She’s a babe! My bestie is very fashionable. From her hair, to her clothes, nails, accessories and her heels, always on point! See the pictures below and judge for yourself!
- Her friendliness- Walking round campus or walking to town with Taiwo means stopping to say hello to so many people. Taiwo would ask about how are you? How was your week? And would genuinely listen. I became friends with some other people because of her and I can certainly say her friendliness rubbed off on me.
Happy birthday to you Taiwo and Kenny ( she has a twin brother) ! May God bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you. The Lord lift His countenance upon you, and give you peace.
I pray God grants you all that your heart desires and satisfy you with long life.
I love you so much and I thank God for bringing you into my life.