I was given the Liebster and Sunshine Awards by Itunu of Glowing Scenes.
10 pieces of information about me.
• I’m a Christian. I love God and I want to live my life pleasing him. I’m so grateful for the privilege of knowing God (Yes, it is a privilege) and I can’t imagine my life without God. I’m grateful for the cross. I encourage you to surrender your life to Jesus Christ and make Him your saviour if you haven’t.
• I’m directionally- challenged. It’s really embarrassing. I can go to a place twice and still miss my way the third time. I can’t count the number of times I’ve taken the wrong turn and driven round in circles.
• I can wiggle my ears. How cool is that? Lol I read somewhere that about 10-20% of the human population can do this; I’m special, I know. So when next you see me, ask me to wiggle my ears.
• I’ve never eaten sushi.
• I’m a hopeless romantic. My friends say I’m in love with love. Future hubby please take note!
• I love hymns. I think they are so deep. I look forward to singing hymns in church. A few of my favourite hymns are In Christ Alone, What a friend we have in Jesus, Great is thy faithfulness.
• Cockroaches FREAK me out. I’m soo scared of those ugly disgusting creatures that I find it terrifying to even sweep a dead cockroach, let alone kill one. In boarding school, I had to wake up my friend whose bed was beside mine to accompany me each time I had to use the toilet at night because of cockroaches.
• I looooove ice cream!!! I know it’s bad for my waistline but life is too short.
• I over think a lot and I know it’s not good because it just makes me worry unnecessarily. It’s a habit/bad behaviour I’m tryng to stop.
• I looove taking pictures.
What is the purpose of your blog?
A platform for me to express myself( all the stuff going on in my head) and develop my writing skills. A medium for me to reach out to many wonderful people and put smiles on their faces.
What is your most prized possession?
My Bible. God’s Word guides, instructs, comforts, inspires, calms me. My second prized possession is my phone!
What do you love about Itunu’s blog (Glowing Scenes)?
I stumbled on Glowing Scenes on The Nigerian Blog Award Nomination list and I’ve been hooked since then. I feel like we have a lot in common ( love for God, Francine Rivers etc). Her commitment to blogging inspires me, at the moment she has about two series going on!! I also love the layout of her blog; it’s so attractive and girly. You should check it out. http://glowingscenes.com/
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
For some reason, I find this question difficult to answer; I hope to be happily married with kids, have a fulfilling career, published a novel… the list goes on. Whatever happens, I’m reassured by God’s promise in Jer 29: 11- For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you hope and a future.
Who’s your role model in and out of blogville?
In blogville, I would say Temi’s blog- Musings of a Caramel Latte Addict, was an inspiration for me to start blogging.
My role models are-
Dr Ben Carson -I read Gifted Hands as a teenager and it changed my life.
Proverbs 31 woman.
Francine Rivers. Her books are so deep; I hope I can write like her someday.
If you have the opportunity to meet just one person in the world, who would that be?
What’s the favourite post you have written? (With the link)
I can’t speak Yoruba. It’s the first story I wrote on this blog and generated the most comments so far. I can’t speak Yoruba.
What’s your ultimate goal in life?
To be whom God wants me to be. I know He created me for a purpose and I want to fulfill it.
Which human has the largest part of your life right now?
Ermmmm, can I skip this question?
Thanks for the nomination Itunu!! Sorry it took a while for me to respond. I want to pass this on to:
Lizzie of http://lizzieelizabeth.wordpress.com/
Ebunoluwa of http://lizzieebunoluwa.wordpress.com/
Have a great week guys!