I can’t believe in a few hours we’ll be shouting Happy New Year. I still remember this time last year vividly. My dad took my siblings and I to Olumo rock because we had never been there in all our years of going to Iperu ( I’m from Iperu in Ogun state.)
I remember how we had to run from an angry horse that was running around, my sister was so scared, she was ready jump on top of the car lol.
I remember all the climbing we did that day that revealed how unfit I was, I also remember all the pictures we took and a girl that kept following us and appeared in almost all our pictures ( it’s called photo bombing right?)
My point is 2014 went by really fast… for me it was a year of learning to trust God better, a year of self discovery and more appreciation for the special people in my life.
Before we get ushered into 2015, I’d like to do my own version of the gratitude challenge. I’ll list 10 things I’m grateful to God for in 2014 and I’m tagging everyone who reads this post, so please list your own 10 things in the comment section 🙂
I’m grateful for:
1. Life; The miracle of sleeping and waking up every day of 2014. With all the death scares this year: boko haram, ebola, accidents, disappearing planes etc
2. My family; I thank God for keeping us throughout 2014, for his protection over us, for peace and happiness in our home.
3. Salvation; I thank God for the privilege of knowing Him and keeping me in the faith. I can’t imagine my life without God.
4. My friends; I have really amazing friends that I’m really grateful for. Like the saying goes- friends are the family we choose.
5. Good health; I didn’t have to go to the hospital because I was sick. Sometimes, it’s easy to take sound health for granted. I went to a centre for blind people earlier this month and for the first time I saw writing in Braille; it just made me really thankful to God for my eyes.
6. My new job. I shared my testimony on this blog.
7. The exams I wrote and passed this year. God knows how much I hate exams.
8. Healing my broken heart; I started 2014 with a broken heart (story for another day!). I kept wondering if I would ever get over it and move on because I cried my eyes out. I’m grateful that I have and indeed God healed my broken heart just as He said in Psalm 147:3.
9. Feyi’s Diary and my blog family. One of my goals this year was to have a blog that I could use to connect with people and have a certain number of posts by the end of the year and I’m grateful God helped me achieve that.(Even though I’ve slacked in the past few months). I’m grateful for my blog family- readers and fellow bloggers.
10. Answered prayers; God has answered so many of my prayers this year, even the prayers that were so ‘minor.’ I’m sure God must have a sense of humour because I’ve gotten answers to some ‘funny’ prayers.
What are you grateful for?
P.S: I apologise for being AWOL for way too long (you are probably tired of my excuses my now). I regret leaving my blog for too long because it’s been a bit difficult to get back into blogging.
Thanks to everyone who checked up on me, I’m back now thank God and I’ll continue with Through the Waters.
Watch this space!
I wish you a glorious 2015! A year of divine favour, abundance and grace!
Lots of love xoxo